"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin



Friday, November 30, 2012

The Elegant Man

Jayson Hicks

"The boor covers himself,
the rich man or the fool adorns himself,
and the elegant man gets dressed."
- Honore de Balzac




A few weeks ago my bestie and I were having brunch in Chi-Town. Okay...um...WOW! Our jaws dropped to our table top when we saw our waiter - Jayson Hicks. This guy is SERIOUSLY gorgeous. I mean Ellora's Caveman hott! And my standards are ridiculously high. I have been madly and passionately in love with my own Caveman since I was 16 years old. For me 'Mr. Gorgeous' has always been, always will be the epitome of hottness.

I didn't say anything at first, content to just observe. There's more to being a Caveman than just being gorgeous. Sharing a meal with my bestie is always a long affair - multi-courses and lots of champagne ;-} So I had lots of time to...observe - oh how I suffer for my art! I really liked what I saw (figuratively of course). Jayson was sweet, professional and just really...nice. All I kept thinking was that he would be perfect to grace Ellora's Cave's book covers. Eventually shy me (NOT!) struck up a conversation that ended with me asking him for his contact info/giving him mine. Yesterday, Jayson sent me a few of his professional photos. Yeah, you know that I forwarded them to EC as fast as my little fingers could type. Here's hoping that we will soon see Jayson on the covers of Ellora's Cave. What say you? - would you buy a book with him on the cover? Yeah, I thought so. Me too. I LOVE my job!






'Til we meet again,

Temple
  



No comments:

Post a Comment