"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin



Monday, November 12, 2012

Milestone(s)

Photo: AggaPhoto

"[Milestone] it reassures travellers that the proper path is being followed."
- Wikipedia

I'm still awaiting the verdict, on whether or not my precious flash drive can be retrieved (fingers and toes crossed). Still there's a silver lining. One week before 'the disaster' I @mailed my entire wip (7 chapters) to myself - yea me. So turns out that I have NOT lost all 70+ pages of my wip, only the 15 pages that I had written during that week. Then I realized that I had printed 10 pages of my new 'stuff.' So, in the end I only lost about 5 pages. But there's is one tiny rub, the 5 pages I did lose where pivitol to the latest chapter I'm working on (buzz kill!).

But even that loss has a silver lining. After shedding a few tears and a bit of teeth gnashing, I buckled down and got back to work - to great success. I've finally written the ending to my first wip - now I've just got to write the middle part (sheepish grin) - Milestone #1

Milestone #2: I've finally finished 'the torture' my synopsis - gotta have one of those before my wip gets the final green light from my publisher. By tomorrow afternoon I'll officially be a writer under contract - YIPEEEEEE!

'Til we meet again,

Temple

   

No comments:

Post a Comment