"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin



Thursday, April 11, 2013

Holding my breath...

"Typewriter Keys" - Vintage Typewriter Jewelry

"All good writing is 
swimming under water 
and holding your breath"
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

The good news is that 'The Good Professor' is 32,000 words strong. That's encouraging because my tentative end word count is 50,000. The bad news is that I've hit another wall (grimace). Not writer's block - I know where I want to go and where I want to end up. It's that I'm still fumbling my way in the dark, no idea how to actually get to where I want to go (sigh). For a day or two I was completely freaking out - I've got a deadline! Then it hit me: one of the perks of being a professor is knowing well the advantages of being a student - potential and opportunity abound. Thus, I've enrolled in two R.W.A. chapter online writer's workshops - the teacher becomes the student: lectures, research, homework... And I'm SO glad that I did. Inspiration abounds; lightbulbs flashing all over the place. 

So please excuse my paltry posting. My posts will be sporadic at least while I work my way to the end of 'The Good Professor.'  My sistah-mentor assures me that the first book takes the longest amount of time to complete; my subsequent wip/ms will go faster - or so I hope and pray. In the meantime, I'm holding my breath...swimming under water, and I love it ;-}

'Til we meet again,

Temple




No comments:

Post a Comment