"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin



Saturday, February 2, 2013

Until the sun rises...


"I can envision a small cottage somewhere, 
with a lot of writing paper, and a dog, and a fireplace..."
- Lieutenant Richard Van De Geer

It's been nearly a month since my last post. While my holidays are always consumed with the intricacies of motherhood, family and hearth; this year's holidays have been especially challenging for me - I've been wrestling with finishing this ms; valiantly waging battle with my insecurities and performance anxieties. In a nutshell - who the hell am I to think that I have what it takes to be an author?! Luckily, blessedly, I have a few mentors and fellow authors to figuratively slap me up-side-the-head, literally set me straight - thanks Ladies, I needed that. Of course my ace in the hole is that I'm a stubborn thing. My determination to succeed is infinately stronger and bitchier than my insecurities. And I'm making progress - yay! The finish line is in sight. Yeah, I can do this. I'm not going anywhere. Ha!

It's soooo cold! But the falling snow is truly lovely. Coco (my faithful canine always companion) curled up at my feet, a little red wine, a crackling fire to keep the bone chilling cold at bay. Sade crooning - taking turns with Holly, Ella and Billie - moody inspiration. Another night writing until the sun rises.

'Til we meet again,

Temple










No comments:

Post a Comment